8th IEF IGU Ministerial Gas Forum
The 8th IEF-IGU Ministerial Gas Forum brings together ministers, industry leaders and experts to strengthen international collaboration to optimize gas markets for energy security, shared prosperity, and climate action.
The conference will consider the extraordinary gas market, energy and climate policy dynamics, and the outcomes of the United Nations Climate Conference COP27.
The forum will be opened by HE Tarek El Molla, Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources, Egypt; Joseph McMonigle, IEF Secretary General; and Milton Catelin, Secretary General of the IGU.
It will be structured into plenary roundtables focused on gas market security, affordability, and sustainability. The major themes will be:
- Trade and investment: Realigning fixed and flexible flows. This will look at government initiatives, energy market signals and financial sector incentives.
- Ensuring affordability: Gas for growth and climate. We will examine the role of clean gas technologies for inclusive growth and climate action.
- Sustainable synergies: Gas, CCUS and hydrogen. This will consider government industry collaboration and accelerators for decarbonization.
- 7th IEF-IGU Ministerial Gas Forum
03 December 2020, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 6th IEF-IGU Ministerial Gas Forum
21-22 November 2018, Barcelona, Spain
- 5th IEF-IGU Ministerial Gas Forum
06 December 2016, New Delhi, India
- 4th IEF-IGU Ministerial Gas Forum
11-12 November 2014, Acapulco, Mexico
- 3rd IEF-IGU Ministerial Gas Forum
16 November 2012, Paris, France
- 2nd IEF-IGU Ministerial Gas Forum
30 November 2010, Doha, Qatar
- 1st IEF-IGU Ministerial Gas Forum
24 November 2008, Vienna, Austria