The IEF chaired an Inter Secretariat Meeting of JODI partner organisations including APEC, GECF, IEA, IEF, OLADE, OPEC, & UNSD in Vienna on 13-14 March 2017.
The meeting, hosted by OPEC at their Headquarters in Vienna focused on reviewing progress and action plans in regard to the following:
- Participation Assessment of the JODI-Oil and JODI-Gas World Databases;
- Proposals to enhance the visibility of JODI, including through publication of JODI data on the electronic platforms of data re-distribution agencies;
- G20 Ministers feedback on JODI and data transparency;
- Proposed harmonisation and dissemination of coal data already routinely collected by certain members among the JODI Partner organisations, with the aim of contributing to improved coal data transparency;
- Plans to hold a JODI capacity-building workshop for Africa in Tunisia
- Ideas for future capacity-building workshops & user seminars during the rest of 2017 and 2018;
- Plans to hold the 13th International JODI Conference in 2017;
- Update on new JODI website and database functionality
Partners voiced support for the plan to hold the next JODI Workshop for Africa region in Tunisia on 11-13 April 2017 back-to-back with the 3rd IEF-OFID Symposium on Energy Poverty, thus demonstrating the link between energy data transparency and efforts to alleviate energy poverty in Africa.
Moreover, Partners agreed on the importance of maintaining an ongoing programme of JODI data-user seminars, and to further reinforce links with the JODI data-user community by holding the 13th JODI international conference in 2017 so as to deepen stakeholder engagement (users / analysts / providers of data / industry) in support of the ongoing development of the initiative.
Partners also agreed on a set of actions to improve coal data transparency, including through harmonisation and dissemination of coal data already routinely collected by some of the JODI partner organisations.
An agreement in principle was also reached to facilitate the dissemination of JODI data on the electronic platforms of data re-distribution agencies later in 2017, assuming that agreed pre-conditions are met.
Previous Inter-Secretariat Meetings
- JODI Inter-secretariat meeting - December 2016
15-16 December 2016, Paris, France
- JODI Inter-secretariat meeting - July 2016
13-15 July 2016, Vienna, Austria
- Inter Secretariat Meeting Of JODI Partners - February 2016
3-4 February 2016, London, United Kingdom
- JODI Inter-secretariat meeting - September 2015
17-18 September 2015, Paris, France
- JODI Inter-secretariat meeting - October 2014
20 October 2014, Vienna, Austria
- JODI Inter-secretariat meeting - July 2014
7-8 July 2014, Paris, France
- JODI Inter-secretariat meeting - March 2014
13 March 2014, Tokyo, Japan
- JODI Inter-secretariat meeting - October 2013
3-4 October 2013, Luxembourg, Luxembourg
- JODI Inter-secretariat meeting - June 2013
3 June 2013, Bali, Indonesia