The IEA, IEF and OPEC held the Fourth Symposium on Energy Outlooks on 22 January 2014 at IEF Headquarters in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The Symposium facilitated the sharing of insights and the exchange of views about energy market trends and short, medium, and long-term energy outlooks.
This event was part of a wider joint programme of work agreed by the three organisations and endorsed by energy ministers at the 12th International Energy Forum (Cancun, March 2010) as part of the Cancun Declaration.
Session I: Key findings from the Third Symposium on Energy Outlooks and presentation of the latest IEA and OPEC projections.
Moderator: Richard G. Newell, Director, Duke University Energy Initiative
- Zack Henry, IEF
- Antoine Halff, IEA
- Timur Gül, IEA
- H. Ghanimi Fard, OPEC
- Oswaldo Tapia, OPEC
- Richard Newell, Duke University
Session II: Industry views on short-, medium-, and long-term energy outlooks.
Moderator: Antonio Merino, Director of Research, Repsol
- Antonio Merino, Director of Research, Repsol
- Tatiana Mitrova, Head Oil & Gas Department, Energy Research Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Eirik Waerness, Chief Economist, Statoil
- Chris Midgley, Chief Economist and Head of Oil Markets Analysis, Shell Trading
Session III: Perspectives on the Petrochemicals Sector
Moderator: Andrea Borruso, Owner, Borruso Polymers GmbH
- Andrea Borruso, Owner, Borruso Polymers GmbH
- Joe Duffy, Vice President Ethylene, Polymers & Derivatives, Argus DeWitt
- Nathalie Brunelle, Senior Vice President, Strategy Development R&D, Refining & Chemicals, Total
- Henry Wang, Director and Executive Adviser, Corporate Strategy & Planning, SABIC